When Experience Matters, Turn To A Tenacious Legal Team
- Criminal 40%
- Family Law 40%
- Probate 20%
Tracy Schumacher is the founder and owner of the Norman, Oklahoma, law firm of Schumacher Law Group. Primarily focusing on family law and criminal defense, she extends her experience to probate matters. In addition to Norman, she accepts clients from Blanchard, Newcastle, Tuttle, as well as McClain County, Cleveland County and Grady County.
Ms. Schumacher attended the Oklahoma State University - Stillwater to obtain her Bachelor of Science in 1992. She then received her Juris Doctor from the University of Oklahoma College of Law in Norman in 1995. She was admitted to practice law in all the state courts of Oklahoma the same year.
As a former prosecutor and district attorney of Cleveland County, Ms. Schumacher has overseen hundreds of criminal, family law and civil cases. For more than two decades, she has been helping families in Oklahoma maneuver complex legal issues such as divorce, child custody, child support, adoptions and guardianships. She has also achieved unprecedented success fighting for the rights and liberties of those accused of criminal charges such as murder, manslaughter, domestic abuse, sex offenses, assault, battery and felony DUI.
When not running her firm, Ms. Schumacher substantially devotes all of her time to providing pro bono services. She has served many organizations and nonprofits in various capacities. She was a president of the board of directors of Big Brothers Big Sisters of America and Women's Resource Center. She led as a board member of Middle Earth Child Development Center and Court Appointed Special Advocates.
- University of Oklahoma College of Law, Norman, Oklahoma
- J.D. - 1995
- Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Oklahoma
- B.S. - 1992
- Oklahoma, 1995
- Women’s Resource Board of Directors, Past President
- Big Brothers and Big Sisters Board of Directors, Past President
- Court Appointed Special Advocates, Past Board Member
- Middle Earth Child Development Center, Former Board Member
- Former Junior League Member
- Former Assistance League Member
Classes & Seminars
- Trial Techniques, University of Oklahoma, 2006
Current Employment Position
- Cleveland, McClain, Garvin, County District Judge, 2011 to 2017
- Cleveland County District Attorney, Assistant & District Attorney, 1994 to 2002
- Private Practice, 2002 to 2010